"A hunter’s upper hand, mastering the land from above, in a highseat, is one of the most effective ways to sneak within shooting distance to spooky game."
Highseat: A popular hunting method
When hunting from a highseat or tree blind, the shooter gets a great advantage, a tree-made throne with almost a 360 degree view of the world below. In many forests, stalking becomes an impossible task and the best way of getting to a trophy buck for example, is letting it come to you. Forest floors are unforgiving to a cautious creeper and breaking twigs and branches often foil one's hard effort to get to where the action is. Safety precautions are needed on behalf of the hunter to properly use a highseat- falling asleep is not allowed! Highseat hunting techniques are efficacious in providing clear, productive shots and can be used for a number of species; with either a bow or firearm. Learning game trails and positioning a tree blind in the vicinity of game trails or fresh markings is an effective trophy producer or positioning on borders of field and forest. Check out a highseat hunt to see if that's the right hunting method for you!
Please keep in mind the following points when hunting through a highseat. These would help you in getting optimum success during your hunting day trip. The hunting method is done when targeting both plains game and big game hunting species.
- Always set up the highseat in a open area which is far away from buildings or livelihood. This will ensure your safety and make sure your hunting trip ends well.
- Make sure to check the position of highseat and reassure everything is set up as planned. This measure is a good safety tip for a novice hunter or for those who are hunting from highseat for the first time.
- Set the location of highseat in a natural area when the game visits the most. Please do your homework and ensure where there is abundance of natural food and whether the game comes there for feeding or not and on what time.
- Have patience, yes hunting on highseat requires patience and there could be days when you couldn't spot a single deer hunt but be calm and wait for the perfect time.
- Always be ready to shoot at different angles once your spot your hunt. Have a safe hunt and enjoy your time in the green woods!
For highseat hunting, depending on the game, hunters may choose to hunt with rifle or bow. Proper highseat, or tree blind installations are set near high-traffic areas, field and forest borders and well hidden amongst other trees. Hunters must typically wear a safety harness, attached to the highseat when using small, or narrow highseats.
Highseat hunters should be dressed appropriately for many hours of sitting in complete silence. Avoid chilling weather with well insulated, wind-proof clothing.