Bretby Park,Derbyshire and Buildwas Park,Shropshire offer Game Shooting of the highest quality with days being catered to a client’s specific needs with bags ranging from 150 upwards.
Location: Bretby and Buildwas Park Estates are based in Bretby, England offering pheasant and partridge shoots in its terrains.
About your host at Bretby and Buildwas Park Estates: Team, Bretby and Buildwas Park Estates. Bretby Park,Derbyshire and Buildwas Park,Shropshire offer Game Shooting of the highest quality with days being catered to a client’s specific needs with bags ranging from 150 upwards. At Bretby Park, the Partridge shoot is one of the leading shoots in the area. We also offer Mixed days and Pheasant–Only Days. Buildwas Park, Shropshire has some of the finest Pheasant Shooting found in Shropshire and will challenge even the most experienced shots. This is an unspoilt, traditional, sporting estate showing some fine pheasants from mature hardwoods. We actively encourage Roving Syndicates to come and experience the thrill of shooting at these two very different but equally impressive shoots.
Game shooting experience at Bretby and Buildwas Park Estates: The Pheasant shoot covers 1,200 acres with mature woodlands strategically planted over 50 years ago specifically for Pheasant shooting and some game crops have been added in more recent times. The landscape affords challenging Pheasants especially with the renowned ‘Traps’ drive on Wenlock Edge and there is magnificent snap shooting in the mature woodlands. The Partridge shooting is an excellent example of traditional sport, with the birds shown over hedges and rolling valleys and in the months of September, October and to the middle of November the partridge shooting dominates and the rest of the season is given over to pheasant shooting with some showing of partridge too. Pheasants are demanding coming from woodland and cover crops. Click here for quick link country guide.
Upcoming availability: Please contact the host for more information.
Terms and Pricing: Please contact the host for current pricing. Our shooting terms and rules are following:
1) Shoot Captain: is responsible for the organisation and smooth running of the day and for ensuring the requirements of the Shoot Host and of the Estate are met satisfactorily. Above all, he is responsible for safety.
2) Programme: Drawing of pegs and the day’s briefing will be done at 9am. Mid morning drinks will be served in the field and guns will return to Keeper’s Cottage or Bretby Park Farm for lunch.
3) Safety: A safety brief will always be given at the drawing of pegs. The Shoot Captain’s decision on safety matters in final and we reserve the right to stop the day or ask individual Guns to leave the Shoot if they endanger the safety of others. No refund will be given in this instance.
4) Drives: The number of drives will be dependent on the size of bag booked and the prevailing weather conditions. The Shoot Captain will endeavour to provide a series of balanced drives, with a sufficiency of birds for a competent team of eight/nine guns.
5) Birds: Each gun will receive a brace of birds at the end of the day. Should the guns exceed the anticipated bag for the day(s), a surcharge of ‘X’ plus VAT per bird will apply to each bird shot over a total of ‘X’ birds, counted by the Shoot Captain/Head Keeper at the end of each day’s shooting. An invoice will be raised for all extra and overage charges after the Shoot and this will be paid within seven days of receipt of the Invoice. In the unlikely event that the bag is not met, an appropriate refund will be made unless the ratio of shots fired to birds killed exceeds 3:1 in which event no refund shall be made. The number of shots fired shall be recorded during the shoot by the Shoot Captain on a hand held tally counter.
6) Basic Charge: The basic charge includes the provision of all necessary shoot staff on the day, such as beaters and pickers-up, together with morning coffee, mid-morning refreshments, luncheon with drinks and afternoon tea. Any non-shooting guests for luncheon above a daily party of 10 will be charged for the meal. The shoot may be able to cater for special dietary requirements providing that two weeks advance notification is received. Luncheon will be provided in the Keeper’s Cottage or Bretby Park Farm.
Accommodation: To select and book the top suggested hotels and accommodation in the area when shooting at Bretby and Buildwas Park Estates, click here.
Permits: Game licenses to shoot or take game birds are not required in the UK. You will require a shotgun license or a person/loader next to you with a gun license. For more information on permits and travelling with fire arms click here.
What to wear: for tips on the best clothing and dress code.
Nearest international airport: Click here to find out.
Directions by car or public transport to Bretby and Buildwas Park Estates.
Filming your shoot: Why not have your adventure filmed by Eagle Review’s professional videographer? Capture the magic of your visit with our on-location video. It's the next best thing to being there! Have a look at some of our video’s here.
Other things to do for this trip: top things to do near Bretby and Buildwas Park Estates
Contact Host for more detailed pricing
Contact Host for more detailed pricing
Contact Host for Payment Terms
Bretby Park Estate reserves the right to cancel the day(s) shooting for any reason up to seven days prior to the Shoot, notification to be sent by recorded delivery post to the address to which other correspondence has been sent. In the event of such cancellation, the whole fees already paid, but no more, will be refunded.
In the event of adverse conditions prevalent, the Shoot Captain has the right to cancel proceedings at any time if the quality of the sport or safety is threatened. No refund will be given in these circumstances.
Shoot Cancellation Insurance can be arranged by the Estate on the Client’s behalf and at the Client’s expense. Such insurance is not a condition of booking but strongly a recommendation.